छाता,चौबारा,मुख्य दरवाजा,राज्य,घुसपैठ,झूठे आरोप,बातों से आहत करना,नीची जाति,विधवा स्त्री,सजा हुआ वाहन,धर्म विहीन आदमी,जुआ खेलना,शाम के समय बलवान हो जाना,चालाक स्त्रियों से दोस्ती,विदेश यात्रा,मिलावटी वस्तुओं को बनाना,हड्डी,बात का बतंगड बनाना,हमेशा झूठ का सहारा लेना,नीचा देखने और सामने वाले को नीचा दिखाने वाली हरकत करना,अपने में ही सोचते रहना,खुशियों के अन्दर कमी ढूंढना,दक्षिण पश्चिम का कोना,नीच लोगों की संगति करना,पीडा युक्त सूजन,बहुत बडा जंगल,बदबूदार स्थानों में घूमना और रहना,पहाडी जगह,दर्द,अपनो से बाहर रहना,दक्षिण-पश्चिम के जाने की सोचना,ऊपरी हवा,छींकना,दुखी रहना,सांप,रात में झींगुरों का शोर,तेज नुकीली धार,लम्बी,सर्प जाति के प्राणी,सपनों को पढने वाला,यात्रा करने में खुश रहना,समय का एक क्षण,पुरानी उम्र,वाहन,सांपों का संसार,सास,नाना के पिता,गंदी हवा,तीखा दर्द,बिल्ली की म्यांऊ,जन्म देने की क्रिया,भयंकर अंधड,वीरान बीहड,माता दुर्गा का पुजारी,जादू टोना से ग्रसित,अधाशीशी दर्द से ग्रसित,उर्दू भाषा,चुभने वाली बातें,राहु की दशा में शरीर काला पड जाता है,सौ साल की उम्र वाला आदमी भी राहु की हरकतें करता है,भूतों की मान्यता रखने वाला,भूत प्रेत,मित्रो मे चुगलखोरी करने वाला,एक दूसरे की शिकायत करने वाला,दो लोगों को लडाकर दूर बैठ कर मजे लेने वाला,फ़ांसी पर लटक कर मरजाने के लिये प्रेरित करने वाला,घर के दक्षिण-पश्चिम का कोना,राहु का काम भयंकर रूप से डराकर शक्तिहीन कर देना,छोटी चेचक की बीमारी,अर्धांग की बीमारी,मधुमक्खियों के द्वारा हमला,छोटे छोटे कीडों का निवास स्थान,कोढ जैसी बीमारी देकर बदबूदार बना देना,पितरों के रूप में परेशान करने वाला,राहु मेष,व्रिश्चिक,कुम्भ,कन्या और वृष तथा कर्क राशि में बलवान होता है,लगन से दसवें भाव में भी बलवान हो जाता है.
माता चंडी का पुजारी,देवताओं में गणेशजी,डाक्टर,डाकिया,कुत्ता,मुर्गा,सूअर,सभी तरह के धन जो साधन के रूप में काम आ सके,खर्च होने की क्रिया,बुखार,गंगा में स्नान करने की क्रिया करना,महानता की बातें करना,भूत प्रेत वाली हवा को स्थापित करने वाला,शिकार करने वाला,दोस्ती करना और करवाना,समृद्धि को बखान करने वाला,दूसरों की अच्छी बुरी बातों को संग्रह करने के बाद सार्वजनिक रूप से प्रसारित करने वाला,सभी तरह के बिना तैयार किये गये मूल्यवान नगीने,अपनी पोस्ट के बल पर लोगों से काम करवाने वाला,जादू टोने का काम करने वाला,दिमाग को भारी करदेने वाली बात को करने वाला,संसार के बारे में ज्ञान देने वाला,दो पहाडों के बीच की जगह,आंख की तिरछी चितवन,बेवकूफ़ी वाली बातें करने और मजे लेने वाला,राजगद्दी,जानाकारी,एक दम चुप हो जाना,हिरन,मनोविज्ञान की रुचि रखने वाला,हर तरह की सुख सुविधाओं से दूर रहने वाला,भाग्य का रूप,दुश्मनो से परेशान रहने वाला,प्रसिद्धि का विनाश करने वाला,संसारी बातों से दूर रहने वाला,माता पिता का संरक्षक,भूख से परेशान,छोटी आंत की परेशानी,घमोरियां और फ़फ़ोले वाली बीमारियां,गिरफ़्तार करने और छोडने की क्रिया में सहायता देने वाला,नीची जाति और सोच रखने वालों की जमात या कमेटी का नाम,केतु का काम हर जगह अपनी उपस्थिति देना होता है,वह हर काम में अपनी सहायता देता है,योग समाधि के द्वारा लोगों को भलाई देने वाला मगर खुद भूखा रहने वाला भी केतु के घेरे मे आता है,घर में प्रवेश करने वाला हर मेहमान केतु की गिनती में आता है,
(1) laziness, etc. (2) obstruction (3) horse (4) elephant (5) skin (6) gain (7) proof of witness (8) distress (9) sickness (10) misunderstanding (11) misery (12) death (13) happiness through a woman (14) maid servant (15) asses and mules (16) outcast (17) one with disfigured limbs (18) haunting woods (19) handsome look (20) gift (21) a lord (22) a portion of life (23) eunuch (24) one born of the lowest caste (25) birds (26) the three sacred fires (27) a servile duty (28) unrighteous conduct (29) one without manliness (30) telling lies (31) long lasting (32) wind (33) old age (34) tendons and muscles (35) strong at the end of the day (36) Sisira ritu or winter (37) great anger (38) exertion (39) born of a very low mother (40) bastard (41) Golaka (42) dirty clothes and house (42) wicked mind (44) friendship with the wicket (45) black color (46) evil (47) cruelty (48) ashes (49) black grains (50) gems (51) iron (52) nobility (53) a year (54) Sudra (55) Vaisya (56) one representing the father (57) learning the trade of another class (58) crippled (59) sharp (60) a blanket (61) facing West (62) life saving drugs (63) downward look (64) living by agriculture (65) life saving drugs (63) downward look (64) living by agriculture (65) arsenal (66) a student belonging to another caste (67) external position (68) fondness for the North-eastern quarter (69) serpent world (70) downfall (71) lost battle (72) wandering (73) a spear (74) lead (75) misdirected strength (76) a Turk (77) worn out (78) oil (79) wood (80) Brahmin (81) the Tamas (82) travelling through forests and over mountains (83) hard-heartedness (84) fear (85) long standing distress (86) hunter (87) ugly hair (88) entire sovereignty (89) alarm (90) goats and the like (91) buffalos and the like (92) indulging in sex pleasure (93) dressing oneself for amorous appeals (94) worshipping god Yama (95) dog (96) theft and (97) cruel-hearted. [Jataka Parijata] Significations: misery, the servant, is dark in form, eunuch, malefic, a person of a hundred years, the color black, iron, a stainless sapphire, West, a heap of rubbish, astringent, the element air. Saturn has stiff hair and limbs; he is lean. His body is dark as Durva grass. His composition has phlegm and wind in it. He has large teeth and eyes of a fine reddish brown. He is intent on dark designs and disposed to inactivity. Saturn occasions distress, by leading to acts which the evils of poverty breed by means of friends and thieves as also by diseases affecting the joints. It is Saturn that settles a person's period of life, livelihood, the cause of death, his adversity and prosperity. Saturn is predominant in Thula, Makara, Kumbha, in the 7th house from the Lagna, in his passage to the south of the Equator, in his own Drekkana, weekday and Dasa, in the concluding portion of a sign, in planetary war, in the dark half of a month, and in all the twelve signs when retrograde. Saturn is the Karaka(significator) of the 6th,8th, 10th and 12th house. Saturn in the 8th house from the Lagna gives invariably what is agreeable. The enemies of Saturn are the Sun, the Moon and Mars. Jupiter is neutral towards Saturn. Venus and Mercury are his friends.
(1) white umbrella (2) a good chowrie (3) garment (4) marriage (5) income (6) a biped (man) (7) woman (8) Brahmin with physical wealth (9) Subha (10) Whiteness (11) wife (12) sexual happiness (13) short (14) sour (15) flower (16) command (17) fame (18) Youthful vigor (19) Vehicle (20) silver (21) South-East quarter (22) saltish (23) ogling (24) scratching (25) half a month (26) the quality of passion (27) strong (28) pearl (29) Yajur Veda (30) Vaisya (31) beauty (32) buying and selling (33) love-making (34) watery resort (35) elephant (36) horse (37) variegated color (38) poetry (39) dancing (40) middle age (41) singing (42) enjoyment (43) happiness from the wife (44) gems (45) fond of humor (46) swimmer (47) servant (48) luck (49) variegated lustre (50) a handsome Youth (51) Kingdom (52) scents (53) garland (54) Veena (55) flute (56) amusement (57) lovely gait (58) eight kinds of wealth (all sorts of pleasures) (59) well formed limbs (60) sparing in meals (61) spring season (62) ornaments (63) inclined towards maintaining several women (64) eye (65) truth speaking (66) proficiency in art (67) semen (68) water sports (69) profundity of character (70) Pre-eminence (71) sharp-witted (72) musical instrument (73) decoration for the stage (74) fond of amorous sports (75) broken health (76) love, as chief business (77) greatly respected and highly esteemed (78) fondness for white garments (79) Bharat Natyama (80) Government seal (81) a lord (82) worshipping Goddess Parvati and Lakshmi (83) sexual pleasures (84) gentleness (85) much emaciated (86) day sitting mothers (87) literary composition, deft at writing poetry (88) black hair (89) auspicious (90) mysterious or genital organs (91) urine (92) moving in the region of good serpents (93) afternoon (94) knowledge of the generative organs and the secret connected with it. [Jataka Parijata] Significations: desire or lust, a counselor, has a white form, very benefic, a person of 16 years, a variegated color, pearls, diamond, South-East, a bed-chamber, sour, the element water. Venus has black curled hair. He is dark-brown and handsome. His limbs are very symmetrical and lovely. He has soft eyes and an amorous disposition. He has much wind and phlegm in his composition and is endowed with Rajas or the quality of passion. He has an amplitude of grace, ease, vigor and all kinds of excellence. Information regarding one's wife, vehicles, ornaments, love affairs and pleasures is to be sought through Venus. Venus produces peril through such causes as drink and diabetes arising from the diseases of the beloved women associated with a result induced by addition to females endeared by excessive gallantry. Venus is auspicious in his exaltation sign, in his Varga, in his weekday, when in the middle of a sign, in the 6th, 12th, 3rd and the 4th houses from the Lagna, in the afternoon, in his conjunction with the Moon, in his retrograde motion and when he is in advance of the Sun. Venus is the Karaka(significator) of the 7th house. Venus is harmful when placed in the 7th house. Saturn and Mercury are the friends of Venus. His enemies are the Sun and the Moon. Jupiter and Mars are his neutrals.
(1) Brahmin with religious wealth (2) Guru (3) one's duty (4) Chariot (5) cow (6) infantry (7) savings (8) Meemamsa (9) treasure (10) horse (11) curd, etc. (12) large body (13) Valor (14) reputation (15) logic (16) astrology (17) son (18) grandson (19) dropsy (20) wealth of elephants (21) philosophy (22) great grand-fathers (23) palacial house (24) gems (25) eldest brother (26) grandfather (27) Lord Indra (28) cold season (29) wrath (30) jewel (31) merchant (32) physical health (33) a beautiful mansion (34) royal honor (35) thigh (36) Gods (37) penance (38) charity (39) religious duty (40) helping others (41) impartiality (42) facing North (43) circular (44) yellow color (45) moving in villages (46) North (47) close friend (48) swinging (49) orator (50) fat (51) old garment (52) a new house (53) happiness (54) old (55) Mantras (56) twice born (57) holy water (58) knee (59) movement in heaven (60) a house granting all comforts (61) intellect (62) proficiency in learning (63) literature (64) tower (65) charming an audience (66) throne (67) installation of God Brahma (68) strong at all times (69) month (70) Vessels (71) Lapis Lazuli (72) fruits of Agnisthoma rite (73) sweet juice (74) being Good (75) happiness (76) misery (77) length (78) gentleness (79) reading other's mind (80) gold (81) ornamentation (82) device (83) wind (84) phlegm (85) topaz (86) vedic text (87) brilliancy (88) softness (89) a stone (90) worship of lord Shiva (91) performing one's religious duties and (92) travelling in a well-decorated carriage, all these are assigned to Jupiter. [Jataka Parijata] Significations: knowledge and happiness, counselor, has a body of yellowish hue, male, benefic, a person of 30 years, the color yellowish,silver, topaz, North-East, a treasury, sweet, the element ether(space). Jupiter possesses a big-bellied body; his color is yellow. He is of a phlegmatic temperament. He possesses all virtues, and is endowed with an aptitude for every science. His eyes and hair are brown. He possesses the quality of goodness or purity. He is exceedingly intelligent. His person is graced with marks of royalty not to be despised. One ought to conjecture about one's own genius, wealth, physical development, sons and knowledge by referring to Jupiter. Jupiter, when malefic, causes sorrow due to the evil effects of maledictions uttered by preceptors, Gods, parents and such other venerable people and Brahmins as well as the disease of the spleen. Jupiter is powerful in Meena, Vrischika, Dhanus and Kataka, in his own Varga and weekday, at midday, in his passage to the north of the Equator, in the middle of a sign, in Jumbha, as also in his depression sign. He gives much wealth when in the rising sign, in the fourth as well as in the 10th house from the Lagna. Jupiter is the Karaka(significator) of the 2nd,5th,9th10th and 11th house. Jupiter is harmful when placed in the 5th house. The Sun, Mars and the Moon are the friends of Jupiter. His enemies are Venus and Mercury, Saturn is neutral to him.
(1) education (2) horses (3) treasury (4) mathematics (5) wisdom (6) speech (7) Brahmin with speech wealth (8) infantry (9) writing (10) new garment 911) palatial building (12) green color (13) sculpture (14) astrology (15) pilgrimage to holy places (16) wise lectures (17) temple (18) trading (19) best ornaments (20) courteous speech (21) Vedanta philosophy (22) maternal grandfather (23) bad dreams (24) eunuch (25) facing North (26) skin (27) wet (28) bellmetal (29) renunciation (30) Ritu (season) (31) a beautiful house (32) doctor (33) neck (34) influencing through recitation of mantras (35) child (36) crooked look (37) heaven (38) modesty (39) paternal relation (40) fear (41) dancing (42) devotion (43) humorous temperament (44) powerful in the morning (45) Hemanta Ritu (46) stone to sharpen knives (47) tranquility (48) navel (49) family prosperity (50) mixed items (51) proficient in Telugu language (52) worship of lord Vishnu (53) Sudra (54) bird (55) after born (56) depth of a language (57) the Directions (58) Atharva Veda (59) religious action (60) tower (61) dust (62) garden (63) pudendum virile (64) even (65) benefic (66) moving in villages (67) impartial nature (68) fond of Northwest quarter (69) well versed in the legends of the past (70) specialist in grammar (71) expert in testing of the precious stones (72) a scholar (73) maternal uncle (74) sacred prayer (75) an amulet and (76) spells of a high order. [Jataka Parijata] Significations: speech, a young prince, has the lovely dark-green hue of Durva or bent grass, eunuch, benefic except when conjunct a malefic, a boy, the color green, alloy of metals, emerald, North, a pleasure-ground, mixed flavors, the element earth. Mercury has a person green as the blade of Durva or panic grass. He has a distinct articulation. He is spare and thin. He is the sovereign of those who are endowed with the quality of Rajas or passion. He is exceedingly fond of fun. He delights in damage. He has plenty of bile, phlegm and wind in his composition. He has a wealth of ready energy and is a sage. It is Mercury that influences one's learning, relatives in general, discrimination, maternal uncle, friends, speech and action. Mercury, when malefic, works much misery by producing wind imperceptibly in the regions of the privities and the stomach, by bringing of leprosy, indigestion, colic, diarrhoea and other diseases, and also through the instrumentality of spirits, the devoted servants of Vishnu of whom the leader is called Budha. Mercury is mighty in Kanya and Mithuna, in his weekday, in his own Varga, in Dhanus, when without the Sun, by day as well as by night, in his northern passage (that portion of the ecliptic which lies to the north of the Equator), and in the middle of a sign. He invariably promotes fame, strength and prosperity if he be in the rising sign. Mercury is the Karaka(significator) of the 4th and 10th house. Mercury is harmful when placed in the 4th house. The Sun and Venus are friends of Mercury. Saturn, Jupiter and Mars are his neutrals, and the Moon is his enemy.
(1) Prowess (2) land (3) strength (4) carrying arms for the battle (5) kingship (6) loss of virility (7) thief (8) battle (9) hostility (10) enemy (11) generosity (12) love for deep red color things (13) owning a garden (14) sound of a trumpet (15) affection (16) quadruped (17) king (18) fool (19) anger (20) going to a foreign country (21) firmness (22) supporter (23) fire (24) controversy (25) bile (26) heat (27) wound (28) service under a ruler (29) day (30) sky (31) seeing (32) shortness (33) disease (34) fame (35) tin (36) sword (37) lance or spear (38) minister (39) fracture of a limb (40) jewel (41) praying to God Subrahmanya (42) youth (43) pungent (44) Dubar Hall (45) earthen pots (46) obstacles (47) flesheater (48) calumniating others (49) victory over enemy (50) bitter (51) strong at the end of the night (52) gold (53) summer season (54) valor (44) enemy's strength (56) profundity of character (57) strength (58) man (59) tendency (60) God Brahma (61) axe (62) forester (63) Village headman (64) state inspection (65) pain while passing urine (66) square (67) goldsmith (68) rogue (69) burnt place (70) good dinner (71) leanness (72) deft in archery (73) blood (74) copper (75) a beautiful cloth (76) facing South (77) inclining towards South (78) desire (79) anger (80) scandal (81) house (82) an army commander (83) Sataghni, a weapon (84) a tree (85) Sama Veda (86) brother (87) spade or hatchet (88) looking after the wild animals (89) independence (90) persistency (91) land (92) judge (93) serpent (94) world (95) speech (96) fickle mindness (97) mounting a vehicle (98) sight of blood (99) coagulation of blood, all these and many more things have been credited by the wise as belonging to Mars. [Jataka Parijata] Significations: strength, the commander-in-chief, male, strongly malefic, a child, the color reddish, gold, coral, South, a fire place, bitter, the element fire. Mars has fierce eyes, a youthful appearance and generous disposition. He has bile in his composition, and is exceedingly fickle. He has a slender waist. His limbs are fine and of a reddish hue. He is energetic and lustful, and his tendencies are towards the quality of Thamas or darkness. It is through Mars that a person can ascertain his own courage, disease, characteristic qualities, younger brother, lands, foes and blood (paternal) relations. Mars, when malefic, quickly causes fear by a swelling of the scrotum phlegm, weapons, fire, knotty tumors, boils and such diseases as are born of indigence, and also through the instrumentality of Siva's heroic hosts and the terrific forms of that deity. Mars has abundant strength in his own weekday, in his Navamsa, in his Drekkana, in the signs Meena, Vrischika, Kumbha, Makara and Mesha, during night time, in his retrograde movements, when he is in the southern quarter, and also in the initial portion of a sign. He gives property when he is in the 10th house from the Lagna and also when he is in Kataka. Mars is the Karaka(significator) of the 3rd and 6th house. Mars friends are the Sun, the Moon, and Jupiter. Mercury is his enemy. Venus and Saturn are neutrals to him.
(1) Intelligence (2) flower (3) good perfume (4) going to a fortress (5) disease (6) Brahmin with helps (7) idleness (8) Phlegmatic humor (9) epilepsy (10) enlargement of the spleen (11) mental disposition (12) heart (13) woman (14) virtue or vice (15) sourness (16) sleep (17) happiness (18) anything like water (19) silver (20) thick sugarcane (21) typhoid (22) travel (23) well (24) tank (25) mother (26) impartiality (27) mid-day (28) pearls (29) consumption (30) whiteness (31) waistband (32) bell-metal (33) salt (34) short stature (35) mind (36) ability (37) pond (38) diamond (39) winter season (40) white color (43) belly (44) worshipping Goddess Gauri (45) honey (46) joking (47) nourishment (48) wheat (49) pleasure (50) splendor (51) face (52) sharp in thought (53) love of curd (54) mendicant (55) fame (56) learned (6) beauty (57) strength at night (58) facing westward (59) learned (60) saline (61) getting a job (62) love for west (63) the middle world (64) nine gems (65) middle age (66) life (67) eating (68) going to far off countries (69) ailment of the shoulders (70) Umbrella or any other royal insignia (71) good fruits (72) blood purity and vitality (73) fish and other water creatures (74) serpent (75) silk garments (76) good budding (77) brilliant things (78) clean crystal and (79) soft and velvety clothes all these belong to the Moon. [Jataka Parijata] Significations: the mind, royal,a youth with a white body, benefic if waxing or with benefics, a person of 70 years, the color white, gems, a pure spotless pearl, North-West, a shore or river-bund, saltish. The Moon has phlegm and wind in his composition, and is given to rambling. His speech is soft, and he is discriminating. He has fine eyes, his limbs are firm and exceedingly lovely. He is always sensible, with a figure slim, but round. It is the Moon that determines the character of one's heart, understanding, royal favor, mother and affluence. The Moon, when malefic, causes trouble by means of diseases generally brought on by venereal indulgence, such as pallor, catarrh, jaundice and inflammation of the nose, and also with the aid of numerous female goblins and demonesse. The Moon has strength in Cancer, Taurus, his week day, his Drekkana, his Hora, his Navamsa, the end of a sign, when aspected by benefic planets, at night, in the 4th house, in his passage to the south of the Equator. The Moon with all the digits complete is strong in all positions except the Riksha Sandhis (i.e. the last quarters of Aslesha, Jyeshta and Revati). The same with aspect by all the planets bring to men a royal destiny. The Moon is the Karaka(significator) of the 4th house. The Moon's friends are the Sun and Mercury. Jupiter, Mars, Venus and Saturn, are neutral.
The following belong to the Sun:P (1) The soul (2) power (3) intense severity (4) fortress (5) good strength (6) heat (7) splendor (8) fire (9) worship of Siva (10) courage (11) thorned trees (12) being in royal favor (13) bitterness (14) old age (15) cattle (16) wickedness (17) land (18) father (19) taste (20) self-realization (21) skyward look (22) one born of a timid woman (23) world of mortals (24) square (25) bone (26) valor (27) grass (28) the belly (29) strenuous effort (30) forest (31) half a year (32) eye (33) wandering over the mountains (34) quadruped (35) king (36) travelling (37) dealing (38) bite (39) scorch (40) circular shape (41) eye disease (42) body (43) timber (44) mental purity (45) lordship of the whole country (46) freedom form disease (47) Lord of Saurashtra state (48) ornament (49) disease in the head (50) pearls (51) Lord of sky (52) short like a dwarf (53) lord of the East (54) Copper (55) blood (56) kingdom) (57) a red cloth (58) a stone (59) public life (60) river bank (61) coral (62) strong at mid-day (63) East (64) Mouth (65) long standing anger (66) capture of the enemy (67) satvika (pure) (69) red chandan or saffron (69) hostility and (70 thick cord. [Jataka Parijata] Significations: the soul, royal, possesses a form with dark red rays, male, somewhat malefic, a person of 50 years, the color red, copper, ruby, East, a shrine, Pungent. Possessed of energy, of a square-built body, black-red in mien, of eyes bright as wine, of a bilious nature, lovely with his limited quantity of hair, the Sun consists chiefly of the quality of goodness. A person ought to divine about his own self, father, influence, health, vigor and fortune from the Sun. The Sun, when malefic, invariably produces mental incompetence through the instrumentality of the servants of a king, of gods and of Brahmins in aggravation of such ailments as an aching head, raging fever, wasting consumption and dysentery. The Sun is invariably strong in the following positions: his exaltation, his own house, his Drekkana, his Hora, his week day, his Navamsa, his northern passage, the middle of day, the time of his entering a sign, the initial portion of the Navamsa of a friendly planet, and the tenth house. The Sun is the Karaka(significator) of the 1st house. The Sun's friends are Mars, the Moon and Jupiter. Venus and Saturn are his enemies. Mercury is neutral towards him.
(1) The soul (2) power (3) intense severity (4) fortress (5) good strength (6) heat (7) splendor (8) fire (9) worship of Siva (10) courage (11) thorned trees (12) being in royal favor (13) bitterness (14) old age (15) cattle (16) wickedness (17) land (18) father (19) taste (20) self-realization (21) skyward look (22) one born of a timid woman (23) world of mortals (24) square (25) bone (26) valor (27) grass (28) the belly (29) strenuous effort (30) forest (31) half a year (32) eye (33) wandering over the mountains (34) quadruped (35) king (36) travelling (37) dealing (38) bite (39) scorch (40) circular shape (41) eye disease (42) body (43) timber (44) mental purity (45) lordship of the whole country (46) freedom form disease (47) Lord of Saurashtra state (48) ornament (49) disease in the head (50) pearls (51) Lord of sky (52) short like a dwarf (53) lord of the East (54) Copper (55) blood (56) kingdom) (57) a red cloth (58) a stone (59) public life (60) river bank (61) coral (62) strong at mid-day (63) East (64) Mouth (65) long standing anger (66) capture of the enemy (67) satvika (pure) (69) red chandan or saffron (69) hostility and (70 thick cord. [Jataka Parijata] Significations: the soul, royal, possesses a form with dark red rays, male, somewhat malefic, a person of 50 years, the color red, copper, ruby, East, a shrine, Pungent. Possessed of energy, of a square-built body, black-red in mien, of eyes bright as wine, of a bilious nature, lovely with his limited quantity of hair, the Sun consists chiefly of the quality of goodness. A person ought to divine about his own self, father, influence, health, vigor and fortune from the Sun. The Sun, when malefic, invariably produces mental incompetence through the instrumentality of the servants of a king, of gods and of Brahmins in aggravation of such ailments as an aching head, raging fever, wasting consumption and dysentery. The Sun is invariably strong in the following positions: his exaltation, his own house, his Drekkana, his Hora, his week day, his Navamsa, his northern passage, the middle of day, the time of his entering a sign, the initial portion of the Navamsa of a friendly planet, and the tenth house. The Sun is the Karaka(significator) of the 1st house. The Sun's friends are Mars, the Moon and Jupiter. Venus and Saturn are his enemies. Mercury is neutral towards him.